Before you start using a fishing reel, you should familiarize yourself first with the basic parts of a reel. In this case, we’ll focus on the spinning reel. In this article, we’ll show and identify the parts including the function of each item to help you understand how each works. Knowing how each part functions give you an idea of how to properly use it.
We’ll also give you a rundown on the pros and cons of the Shimano Baitrunner 6000 review. Hopefully, this will help you decide if this spinning reel is a suitable choice for you. Also, check out the best baitcasting reel for your money.
Parts of a Spinning Reel
Spinning reels are a popular choice for both novice and experienced anglers. This is a reliable tool to cast your bait and lure your catch. Each part of a spinning reel has its own specific function. Learn more about shimano stradic 2500 review.
- Body: The body of the reel consists of a foot, support arm, and gearbox housing. These are often produced from plastic, aluminum, or graphite. A plastic reel is the most inexpensive type, however, it is the least reliable. An aluminum type, on the other hand, is the most durable among the three while the graphite is the lightest of the bunch.
- Handle: The handle is attached to the side of the body. It is often reversible to allow you to switch sides depending on the left or right-hand position. The handle is rotated to rotate the spool and bails as well as retrieve the line.
- Foot and arm: A spinning reel is attached to the rod by the foot and is inserted in the handle. The arm of the reel runs through the foot while supporting the rest of the reel.
- Gearbox: The gearbox is found inside the body of the reel and is connected both to the handle and spindle. It functions by increasing the number of spindle rotations in the handle. The gearbox often contains an anti-reverse switch to allow you to reel forward or backward and lock it.
- Bail: A bail is a semi-circular metal wire that is connected to the body of the reel. It rotates every time the handle turns. You need to flip the ball forward to release the line when casting. Once the handle rotates to recover the line, the bail goes back to its starting position.
- Spool: A spool technically houses the fishing line and is made of either aluminum or graphite. The line is rolled and secured around the spool which is fitted into the reel. A spool has a certain line capacity for each diameter of the line depending on the reel size. It rotates freely during casting.
- Drag adjustment knob: The drag adjustment knob pertains to washers that hold the spool. The knob is located at the front of the spool and is rotated to release and reduce the amount of friction or drag. Learn more about shimano stradic 4000 reviews.
The Shimano Baitrunner 6000 Review
If you are looking for a reliable spinning reel with hi-tech features, the Shimano Baitrunner 6000 may be just for you. It is built with a computer-engineered drag system that assures you of a smooth drag. The Baitrunner 6000 is packed with more features compared to the entry-level model. Plus, it is sold at a very affordable price point.
This reel is powerful and can perform well when catching large fish. It is suitable to use on small to large species in any type of water.
- This reel is built with quality parts and materials making it sturdy and durable. It won’t break easily on you.
- The handling is smooth and precise without any backlash.
- It works great for beginners, especially due to its affordable price. You can now get a good quality fishing reel without breaking the bank. In fact, you can easily buy another set for back up without feeling guilty.
- This fishing reel is ideal for carp fishing.
- I wasn’t a fan of the rear drag system of this reel. There are occasions when I accidentally turn it on.
- I was a bit underwhelmed by the drag. I use an alternate brand of the fishing reel and this wasn’t as smooth as the other one.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the difference between 6000 and 10000?
The Baitrunner comes in two sizes. The 6000 is smaller and is more appropriate for targeting mid-size species. The 10000, on the other hand, is larger and has the extra power to it. This is more suitable for catching big fish.
The Shimano Baitrunner 6000 is affordable fishing equipment that does the job. It is an all-around fishing reel that works well with any kind of fishing environment and condition and therefore, making it a popular choice among most anglers. The Baitrunner 6000 is definitely dependable, especially since Shimano is trusted by many consumers throughout the years.
Learn more in the following video: