Horses or pack wheels? Which would be best when we are onto packing the game’s edible meat? Whether you use bone-in or bone-out with a knife for the game, you will need something to carry it home. Also, you can eat it while making steak right away on the field. Also, check out the best turkey decoys 2021.
Therefore, we will provide all the best ways to pack raw meat and its usage here. Just follow it up!
According to Statista, there were a total of 15.09 million participants for hunting in 2019 in America. So, the ways to pack the game are much more vulnerable than the hunting techniques. Also, there are lots of things to consider when it comes to choosing the hunting meat packs or the correct product for them.
So, here is the perfect guide for you,
Packing With Animals
Animals like horses and mules you can use to pack out the game meat. Primarily, they can carry about 20% of their body weight at any time. So, a sturdy horse or mule can take a big load of meat, even on a rocky mountain. Learn more about essential gear for airsoft.
However, horses can be fussy sometimes so you have to be careful when carrying something on their back. Also, you can hire a packer for it. Some other animals you can use, like llamas, goats, dogs, etc., for packing if you are aiming for a small wild game or neck meat.
Packing With Vehicle
After animals, you can choose any off-road vehicle to pack fresh meat out for home. Therefore, three vehicles are famous for it – Fat tire bikes, Trucks with winches, and ATVs.
● Fat tire bikes are getting popular in counties for hunting. I, too, used it several times in North Carolina. Therefore, if you have a trailer with it after the hunt, then no worries with packing the meat. When the beef weighs under 150lbs, carry a spare charged battery for maximum use of the bike.
● Trucks with winches can be a blessing when you are dealing with massive meat in hills. Additionally, the winch’s cable can drag up almost anything and carry it for a long time. But you have to be careful while getting it into the road because a simple snap can injure somebody badly.
● ATV is a pretty handy four-wheeler if it’s secure in your hunting site. Primarily, you can carry it to the site and hunt on it. Also, it gives you enough room to take multiple games. You have to ensure it doesn’t cause any overweight issue as the balance can get cringy.
Packing With Cart and Sled
The best thing about it is that you can modify it as you want. Also, you can choose the types of tires between one and two-wheelers. Therefore, I will prefer the motorcycle tire and steel body because they can take over harsh situations while carrying the meat. But you will need an extra hand if you are going for the larger one.
In snow conditions, sleds are the best options to bring a moose home. Therefore, you have to attach the sled with vehicles like a snowmobile and ride it off home. But you have to be careful about the movement to keep it natural from the snow.
Packing with backpacks
Backpacks are the game changers, especially for hunting and traveling. Here, for packing wild game meats, it will be much easier with new space-age backpacks. They have internal-frame packs to carry any meat without letting the blood out. But you can use plastic garbage bags for multi-day trips to keep it out for the night.
Some other ways for packing
● Pack wheel can be added with your bike to carry the extra load. Therefore, it features the mountain bike tire and solid aluminum body with pack bags. But any ground game of more than 150lbs can be troublesome to carry as it will slow down everything.
● Boats and planes can be used to pack out the game. But it will depend on the site of hunting, whether it has that sort of place or not.
Tips for packing the game meat
Packing needs more care than hunting skills in the woods. So, here are some tips for you for the perfect filling of the game.
● Make sure the meat is cold before packing. If you don’t, the heat can damage the meat from inside.
● You can cool the meat down by yourself if you are in a hurry. You have to use cool bags and a soft-sided deep freezer for a short time cooling.
● Keep the temperature below 40 degrees Fahrenheit before packing the meat. Therefore, it will be bacteria-free for a long time with proper meat care.
● Take a rain suit and fleece with you when you are hunting to keep the meat clean on stormy days.
● You must wrap the meat up with freezer paper to prevent the heart from leaking or freezer burn.
● The vehicles must be chosen according to the size and weight of the game. Otherwise, it won’t work as you wanted.
● You can use the bone-out method to chop down the meat with sharp knives and carry it without going solo. Therefore, you can use small bags with non-heavy loads for long trips.
Finally, I will prefer the vehicles only when you are prepared for long trips for hunting in my final verdict. Otherwise, use a backpack or pack animals for solo action. Also, you can use carts and bikes and all the other ways, but it has to be in proper weather condition for it.