One of the guaranteed ways of connecting with nature and escaping the hassles of the urban is by going camping in the wild. The market is jam-packed with camping equipment that you can use to make the camping experience memorable and fulfilling. Also, check out outdoorgearworld.com
One of the things that you need to purchase is a hammock. Concisely, this is an alternative to the standard camping tent. It is hung between two trees to allow the camper to sleep in a suspended shelter away from the cold and wet ground beneath. Scout the internet for information about the best hammock for camping before you go shopping to get value for money. Learn more about how to stay safe while hiking.
There are two main types of hammocks in the market that you can purchase online or offline as you prepare for your next camping expedition.
Bridge HammocksGathered End Asymmetric Hammock
Bridge hammocks have flat and non-gathered ends that are further reinforced with a spreader bar to give the strength it requires to sustain the camper’s body weight. Once set up, its forms a flat and trough-like shape that allows one to sleep in a flat position.
- Fewer body adjustments and fuss
- Allows camper to sleep in a flat position
- The spreader bars make it bulky, but some brands allow campers to use trekking poles instead of the bars to reinforce it
- The tubular shape makes it is constrictive
The gathered end asymmetric hammock is one of the most common designs in the world today as evident from a significant number of people who purchase it when going camping.
Unlike the bridge hammock, the ends are bundled together to form a single bunch. As the name suggests, it has an asymmetric shape that allows the camper to lay and sleep diagonally to the centerline.
The flat sleeping position that it offers allows one to sleep soundly at night thereby giving the body ample time to rejuvenate in preparation for the next day’s activities. The width of the hammock also promotes the flat sleeping position.
- Allows campers to sleep in a flat position
- The synthetic material used to construct it can withstand high weight and pressure without tearing apart
- Less constrictive
- Over time, exposure to harsh weather conditions such as direct sun rays lowers the materials ability to withstand the weight
Fool-Proof Reasons to Switch from a Tent to a Camping Hammock
For many years, we used to prefer setting up tents until we discovered the new camping hammocks. Since then, we rarely use tents when we go outdoors for team building and other social activities. Here are some reasons to convince you to ditch the tent for a new and quality camping hammock.
Your body needs to be healthy to carry out various essential activities such as hunting and hiking. Having a good night’s sleep is one of the sure-fire ways of ensuring that all parts of your body are upbeat. Hammocks are best known for allowing campers to sleep comfortably and soundly at night and even during the day if necessary. Rest assured that in the morning, you would feel energized and recharged despite the strenuous activities you engaged in the previous day.
Escape the Unforgiving Ground
How many times have you woken up in the middle of the night after tossing only to realize that there is a tree root under your sleeping pad? Such experiences make camping stressful and unforgiving to our bodies. You may be forced to sleep in the wrong position thereby waking up with excruciating back pains.
You can escape all these challenges by invest in a quality hammock. Once you set it up, you will never have to worry about the ground beneath. More importantly, you can camp on virtually any location, over rocks, between tree stumps, over wet ground and the list is endless.
Direct Access to Clean Fresh Air
Inhalation of air that is contaminated with disease-causing pathogens is the leading cause of respiratory complications in the world today. The microclimates in cities and urban areas are packed with pollutants which if inhaled for prolonged periods predispose one to cancers and other serious diseases, which if not treated fast can turn out to be fatal.
Spending time in the wild will allow you to breathe fresh and clean air. Unfortunately, tents usually hinder you from enjoying this take full advantage as you will be sleeping in a constricted area. The tent also gets stuffy at night, especially during the cold months. You fall asleep in a cold box only to wake up in a close, hot, and unbearable box.
By purchasing a hammock and setting it up in your preferred location, you will be breathing clean and fresh air throughout the night. This experience will have an immensely positive impact on your health and body. Since you will be literary sleeping outside, you will get a rare opportunity to watch the stars and the sky before falling asleep.
Offers All Features that a Tent Has
One of the main reasons why some people are hesitant to purchase a hammock is that they perceive it does not have all the features that tents offer. On the contrary, the hammock comes with a mosquito net, gear loft that you can use to store your stuff, and even a hammock tarp.
In a bid to attract more customers, the manufacturing companies are including new products in the package to give clients the best value. The best backpacking hammock reviews can give you insights into the various features that each hammock brand on your list offers. Having this information at hand will enable you to make an informed decision.
Saves Time and Energy
The process of looking for the right spot to set up a tent can drain every ounce of energy in your body. Also, you might spend hours of valuable time that you could have used to explore the world, setting up the tent. Say goodbye to all these hurdles by getting yourself a new hammock.
Top 10 Best Hammock for Camping, Backpacking
#1, Hennessy Hammock Expedition Series
The Hennessey Hammock has an asymmetrical side zipper closure and patented features to help you relax, unwind, and sleep well at night. On the ridgeline, there is a mesh pocket that you can use to store your personal belongings and wedding straps that are tailored to protect the hammock from tree barks. The 70D catenary cut rainfly design used to assemble it reduces wrinkles and its total weight.
- Comes with a mosquito net
- Detachable rain fly to protect you from the rain
- Strong reinforcement and supporting ropes to keep it in position during the night
- Easy to set up and pack up
- Only ideal for summer camping
- Small tarp
#2, Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro Mosquito Hammock
Grand Trunk is a modern hammock that is made from high-quality nylon material. The package contains a starter rope kit, nautical grade carabiners, and a net suspension kit. Once set up, all you need to do is zip up the double-sided zipper to lock yourself inside the contour. The manufacturer also went a step further to include triple stitched reinforcements on the fabric and mess to enhance the hammock’s strength and durability.
- Triple stitched reinforcement to strengthen the fabric and mesh
- The mosquito net is designed to hang overhead giving you ample space to read a book or enjoy your drink without experiencing any claustrophobic feeling
- Made from 100% nylon material
- Easy to set up
- Can last for decades if well maintained
- Does not come with a tarp and so not ideal for harsh or unpredictable weather conditions
- The mosquito net is very delicate and could tear up if not handled properly
#3, ENO Eagles Nest Outfitters – DoubleNest Hammock
Eagles Nest Outfitters is a double nest hammock whose material can support up to 400lbs bodyweight. The triple interlocking stitching and 70D high tenacity breathable nylon material enhance its strength and toughness. It is lightweight, utterly portable, and can house two people comfortably.
- Quick and easy setup
- It is versatile and has a compact design
- Ideal for multiple uses as the material can withstand a broad range of weather conditions
- Spacious and comfortable
- You will need to purchase the straps separately
- Overpriced considering you will need to order the hammock straps separately
#4, Trek Light Gear Double Hammock
Trek Light Gear is a spacious and comfortable hammock that is ideal for couples and families. The nylon material used to make it can hold 400lbs. The material is also resistant to rot, mildew, and water. It is also important to note that the material dries very quickly so you can clean it during the day and be sure that it will be ready for the night before dusk.
- Ideal for not only camping, but also hiking, surfing, boating, hunting, and road trips
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- The material is durable and can withstand up to 400lbs.
- Comes with sturdy straps that will keep it suspended for hours
- The manufacturer offers a three years comprehensive warranty
- Can accommodate two adults
- Does not provide a flat sleeping position
#5, Fox Outfitters Neolite Double Camping Hammock
Fox Outfitters hammock is made from sturdy, breathable woven nylon material that can support up to 400lbs. The heavy-duty triple interlocking stitching used to make the material makes it extra strong and durable.
It comes with an integrated drawstring stuff sack that you can use to store your items such as gadgets and hiking gear. The two solid steel carabiners will keep in in position throughout the night, and the rope sleeves are tree-friendly.
- Has convenient drawstring stuff sacks that you can use as a storage compartment
- The sturdy nylon materials dry quickly and can hold up to 400lbs
- Comes with solid steel carabiners that keep it intact throughout the night
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Can be set up and virtually any terrain as the material can withstand even the harshest weather conditions
- Carbineers are heavy
- The hammock straps are too short
#6, Legit Camping – Double Hammock – Lightweight Parachute Portable Hammocks
Legit Camping is a lightweight and portable hammock that is extremely comfortable and spacious. Even though the material is light in weight, it can hold up to 400lbs. It has a stuff sack that you can use to store your personal belongings at night. The robust construction makes it an ideal choice for camping in areas that are best known for having the worst weather conditions.
- Versatile and strong
- Has a stuff sack that you can use to store your camping gear
- Easy to set up and lightweight
- Available in a wide array of colors to suit different customers preferences
- No stands so you might have to find a structure to attach it to
- Expensive compared to other hammocks with similar features
#7, TNH Outdoors Premium Camping Hammock & Straps
TNH Outdoors is a premium hammock that is made to last for decades. Its versatility makes it an ideal choice for various outdoor activities such as backpacking and hiking. Considering the quality of the material and the many additional features that it offers, this hammock is reasonably priced and ideal for all campers.
- Comes with secure long straps that allow campers to suspend it between trees
- Easy to set up and carry as it is lightweight
- Spacious – can accommodate two adults
- Can hold up to 400lbs
- Comfortable and the material is friendly to all types of skin
- The sleeping position that it offers is ideal for even campers who experience back pains
- Tends to close-up when one is lying it thereby hindering one from enjoying the fresh, natural air
#8, Bear Butt Double Parachute Camping Hammock
Bear Butt is a double parachute camping hammock that is made from 100% nylon material. The material is lightweight, and this makes it easy for campers to walk around with it. It is also compact, and strong – can hold up to 500 pounds of body weight and can accommodate two adults comfortably.
- Very lightweight and has a compact design
- Easy to set up and take down even in harsh weather conditions
- Durable triple stitching enhances the material’s strength and ability to accommodate the bodyweight
- Ideal for day camping expeditions
- Not enough room in the bag for the ropes
- The carabineer and straps are not strong enough
#9, Portable Parachute Nylon Fabric Travel Camping Hammock
OuterEQ is a parachute travel camping hammock that is made from quality nylon material. The material can withstand more than 150 kilograms and is friendly to all skin types. The package comes with two strong ropes to make it easy to set it up between trees. It is also important to note that these ropes can withstand harsh outdoor weather conditions, so, sleep peacefully knowing that your hammock is intact.
- Lightweight and have a compact design
- Easy to set up and takedown in the morning
- The material can hold more than 150 kilograms
- Spacious and comfortable
- Durable and available in different colors
- Compared to other hammocks in the market, the material cannot withstand heavyweight for extended periods
- During winter and other cold months, the underside allows cold air in making the experience less than satisfactory
#10, Yes4All Double and Single Hammocks – Ultralight Portable Nylon Parachute Hammock
Yes4All is a new generation hammock that is made of ultralight nylon material that is strong and durable. The breathable nylon constructions make it ideal for camping in places that experience hot weather conditions. The seams are triple stitched to enhance the overall durability of the material. It is easy to set up and ideal for both new and experienced hammock users. More importantly, it has s stuff sack that you can use to store personal belongings.
- Material is highly durable, and seams are triple-stitched to enhance its durability
- Has stuff sack that you can use to store personal items
- It takes less than five minutes to set up
- Easy to clean and dries up fast
- Poorly designed stuff sack
- Material is not soft, and it is less durable
- The ropes are too dynamic
Our Reviews: The Best Hammock Straps
Hammock straps are used to suspend and hold the hammock in position when tied on trees or any support structure. The best come with zinc plated steel hooks that make it easy for one to attach them to the hammock. They are designed to wrap around the tree thereby protecting the tree from any form of damage. Some come with special sleeves that offer additional protection to the tree bark during the attaching process.
#11, Nature’s Hangout, HangTight Hammock Straps
Nature’s Hangouts are considered the strongest hammock straps in the market as they offer an overwhelming 2200 LBS breaking strength. They are made from a top-quality polyester material that does not stretch, is tree-friendly, and 10-14 feet long. They come with optional snag-free carabiners to make the process of setting up the hammock easy.
- Made from top-quality polyester material that does not stretch
- Have 2200 LBS breaking strength
- Lightweight and tree-friendly
- Small working load (250 kg per strap)
- The loops are relatively small and only covers half of the strap
#12. MalloMe, XL Hammock Straps
MalloMe is a set of hammock tree straps that are versatile and offers more than 2000 LBS breaking strength. The packages come with a daisy-chained loop system that allows campers to adjust the hammock’s height quickly. The straps are made from high-quality and non-stretch polyester webbing material that is customized to fit well in the two free locking carabiners.
- The polyester webbing material used to make the straps are durable and non-stretch
- Allows campers to set up easily their hammocks
- Competitively priced
- Can withstand harsh weather conditions without developing weak spots
- Does not harm the trees even though they are wide
- Comes with many adjustable loops
- The storage bag provided is too small
#13. ENO Eagles Nest Outfitters – Atlas Straps, Hammock Suspension System
Eagles Nest Outfitters hammock straps are lightweight as they only weigh 11oz. The two straps offer a total of 30 different adjustment points. The package also comes with a daisy chain design that allows one to go camping any virtually any terrain or geographic location. Each strap is 9ft. long and this makes it ideal for the wrap-in roof racks, big trees, boat masts, rocks, and the list is endless.
- The straps are long thereby giving campers unlimited attachment options
- Each strap can support 200lbs
- User friendly
- The straps are heavy
Get the best camping experience by investing in the best hammock and hammock straps in the market today. No matter the brand that you decide to use, make sure that you purchase it from an accredited store. Feel free to add more facts about the above products through the comment sections. We are always great to hear what our readers have to say about our products.